Saturday, January 11, 2014

New beginnings

New beginnings: Sunrise in Boracay, Philippines.


Hello, 2014!
With the new year comes new beginnings for me. Hooray!
For one, I have given in to blogging. Okay, okay, do not judge yet. Yes, I know I'm a late bloomer in this department and I am not ashamed of it.
For many years, this writer has always been encouraged to start a blog, what with the many stories I have in my bag. But I would never see the need for it. After all, I've been writing for a newspaper and my articles get published there. And oh, deadlines. Even if I wanted to start a blog, I would always find the perfect excuse to postpone it because I have a deadline to beat, an article to finish and a LOT of work to do.
And then comes 2014. This year, I plan to take risks. I plan to be bolder. And I plan to do something I have never done before.
And so, you will have more of me through this page, blog, whatever this is called. (By the way, I'm still the least techie girl in the world so I'm guessing it will take me a long time figuring out how to make this page aesthetically impressive as well as all the technical stuff going on here.) I promise, however, to share the things I've been busy with in the years that I resisted blogging. All these and more.
In short, this blog will be a treasure trove of the many articles I've written and the many experiences I wasn't able to put in writing. Never mind the published date.
So hello there, blog. This is going to be exciting!
Glitters!

No comments:

Post a Comment